Contact your veterinarian if you feel your pet is already having any reaction from mosquito bites.
Here is a list of tips-
- Never use any human mosquito spray or lotion on a pet, pets will often groomed themselves and lick it off
- Never use dog medication on a cat, some dog medications can not be tolerated by our feline friends, and can be very toxic
- Avoid taking your pet out during dawn/dusk hours
- Avoid shady, or swampy areas, mosquitos breed and live around water
- Dump any sitting water daily- including outdoor dog bowls
- Pet mosquito repellants are available but read and follow instructions carefully
- Give your dog heartworm prevention year- round Mosquitos are present in Florida almost all year and the temperatures rarely gets low enough to kill them; even dogs that are mostly indoors can be infected if not taking routine preventative.
We can work together as a team for the healthcare of your pet, to choose a heartworm prevention that best fits your budget and dogs’ lifestyle.